While your sofa is a perfect place to relax after a tough day at work but many of us forget that it requires regular house cleaning. Depending on how dirty your sofa or couch is you need to clean it at least once a month.
Here are some of the tips from house cleaning expert's in House Cleaning Lake City.
1. Get to the Stains Quickly
As soon as the coffee mug of your spills the coffee on the couch or sofa you need to do the house cleaning immediately. If you are going to wait for it to soak then it’s going to be too late and the stains will get dry and it will get hard for you to remove it.
2. Check the Manufacturer’s Recommendations
Before you use any commercial cleaners for the house cleaning you should go through the manufacturer’s recommendations in order to make sure that the particular cleaner can be used for the cleaning or not. Failing to meet the safe house cleaning instructions could mean that you damaged your upholstery permanently.
3. Check the Cleaning Codes of your Sofa
There are random cleaning codes on your sofa you must check them as they give you a complete guide what material can be used on the sofa set for house cleaning.
‘’W’’ - It means its Water based cleaner
‘’S/W’’ - It means it is Solvents and water based cleaner
‘’S’’ - (Solvents) which means that only cleaning chemicals can be used as the main components.
4. Use a Dry Brush to Remove the Loose Particles
During the house cleaning process you can use a stiff brush with soft bristles to loosen the stains that are stuck in your sofa and bring them on the surface.
5. Baking Soda
Baking soda is not only used for the baking but it can also be used to remove the stains from the couch or sofa by using an effective house cleaning method.
- If you sprinkle baking soda all over the sofa it will help you to remove the odors as well as loosen the stains.
- You may also use a homemade baking soda solution for any areas where the deep stains may sit, take a bowl mix equal parts of baking soda and water. Let the solution sit for 20 minutes at least.
- When the solution is completely absorbed in the stain you can vacuum it up or use brush.
- Always use a solution on an inconspicuous area before using it fully.
6. Spot Treat with the Recommended Agent
When you decide to do the house cleaning make sure that you start with the recommended product. If you are not sure if that product falls in the recommended part then you can test the small solution on any inconspicuous area to prevent the discoloration and if that works well then you may grab a dry cloth and continue the process.
➤For house organization you can contact your local House Cleaning Lake City experts.