The toilet is a humid area of the house due to the amount of water that is stored in the cistern. When house cleaning keep in mind that the toilet is a perfect place for germs to lay their eggs to create bacteria and germs. Bacteria like E-coli and salmonella can be found in the toilet bowl. They can also be found on the toilet seat, floor, flush handle and the door handle as well. The bacteria in the toilet absorb the organic waste and release poisonous gases that is why we often get bad odor when we enter in the toilet.
House Cleaning Kirkland has got few useful tips of house cleaning to maintain the toilet hygiene. To get few tips on how to wash bathroom rugs, visit here.
Sweep the floor and Clean the trash:
- When house cleaning, start from the corner of your bathroom and sweep in the overlapping strokes towards a single area. Collect all of the trash and put it into the dustbin.
Disinfect all high-touched areas:
- You must disinfect all toilet flush handles, door knobs, faucets, paper towels, light switches and wall when you are house cleaning. The disinfectants need to sit on the surface for few moments in order to kill the pathogens. You must use floor cleaning solution in order to scrub the floor, baseboard, tiles, grout and especially the areas around the toilets.
Clean the mirror and lights:
- Clean your mirror by using tissue paper. Make sure that you dust and disinfect your lights, vents, faucets, and light switches.
Shut the lid before you flush:
- Every time when you flush the bacteria is projected in the air and it covers all of the surrounding surfaces. So, it is very important that when you are house cleaning always close the lid of the flush. This way you can reduce the spread of bacteria in the toilet.
Clean your toilet brushes:
- When you are house cleaning, always remember to clean the toilet brush which can spread the bacteria if not cleaned after every use. Wash the toilet brush with the disinfecting detergent. Try to change the toilet brushes after every six months’ time duration.
Ventilate your toilet:
- To reduce the humidity in the toilet open the exhaust or windows of the toilet. Allow the floor to dry fully, the fastest way to dry is by using the mop which can soak up the solution that is left on the floor that is after mopping. This house cleaning practice can help you reduce the risk of slips and falls.
Use Toilet Seat Sanitizer:
- Clean the toilet seat on the regular basis with the product that is specifically designed to reduce the spread of bacteria. If you have got children then follow these house cleaning steps for this toilet seat as well. Products like toilet seat sanitizer spray that removes the germs and bacteria.
➽Do you want help with cleaning services even if you are having a busy work schedule? House Cleaning Kirkland experts are ready to give assistance to keep your house in order.